I have collaborated with JOHNSON’S #NOMORETANGLES and Latina Bloggers Connect for this compensated campaign. Yep, they are paying me to write about one of my favorite products for my girls. I win at life today.
Yesterday, I received our family Christmas pajamas in the mail. Oh yeah, that’s right, I found matching holiday pjs for all four of us and not only did I find them, I bought them and they are currently at my house. I win the holidays! Right?
Obviously, this means that Christmas is next month. Typically it would mean that Christmas was tomorrow, because yes, I am chronically late but this time I am planning ahead. I even ordered the girls some holiday dresses. Tis the season for holiday parties and family celebrations. I’ve got to be ready.
I don’t know about you but I have two little girls and they like to do everything “fancy”. We don’t skimp on the sparkle and shine over here. I guess it’s my own fault, I mean they didn’t start wearing those tiara’s to Thanksgiving dinner when they were 1 all on their own. I had a hand in that.
I’ve got a secret. For all my joking, I secretly love having girlie girls who want to celebrate the holidays in big, grand ways. It’s a birthday celebration so why not dress to the nines? If you have a beautiful dress, you have to have a gorgeous hairstyle to complete the look and of course that includes a tiara. When in doubt, always wear a tiara. It can only make things better.
So first I start with a simple routine;
- Step 1: Cleanse with a 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner
- Step 2: Nourish utilizing a Leave-in Conditioner
- Step 3: And style using a brush or wide-tooth comb and a Detangling Spray.
My girls are ballerinas and it’s Nutcracker season for us tiaras, tutus and buns are a part of our every day life during the holidays. So, I’ve decided what better hairstyle than a pretty twisted bun?
Here’s how you do it;
The Prettiest Twisted Bun
- Create a deep side parting (taking it back three inches from hairline)
- Create another section from that part line to the back of the head.
- Temporarily secure front section with a hair tie or clip.
- Brush the rest of the hair from right to left bringing it together to create a left side ponytail, and secure with a hair tie.
- Twist the tail around the ponytail securing it with bobby pins, creating a bun.
- Take the front section and start twisting it backwards until you run out of hair.
- Take the end of the hair and twist it around bun.
- Secure bun with hairpins and bobby pins.
I took the tiny tiara that my daughter has worn every year since she was 1 and put it into the side of her bun. Just the perfect amount of sparkle for my little princess.
Voila! Your princess is holiday ready.