The Next Seven Generations begins Today
In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations…The Great Law of Haudenosaunee
These are words to live by, now more than ever. We live in a world where global warming is no longer some far off threat from the future, it is actively happening. The world our children will know is not the world we knew as children.
My girls will never know what it feels like to fix their gaze upon the majestic Javan Tiger or cast a glance to the water and see a Baiji River dolphin frolicking. Our children will not know the bright beauty of the Golden Toad or the grace of a Pyrean Ibex.
If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you always got.
There is so much beauty and wonder in the world that I want to share with my girls. I want them to see it all firsthand. This can only be done by a shift in the collective conscience. We need to adjust our values to meet our expectations. I want it all to be here to be shared with my children, my children’s children and their children after that.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not. ~The Lorax
I am starting at home. To change the world, we only need to cast a pebble of effort and watch as the ripple takes hold of all those around us.
Simple shifts can lead to huge changes for all of us
The Next Seven Generations
- Recycle and reuse: Use rain barrels to catch the rain and use it to water your garden. Shower together to save water. This could lead to another big “R”, reproduce, so be careful.
- Plant a vegetable garden: Grow your own vegetables, completely organic and pesticide free. Let your children help you and watch as you ignite their passion for living green.
- Hang dry your clothes: It saves energy, saves you money in electricity and your clothes smell wonderfully fresh.
- If it’s Yellow, let it Mellow. If it’s brown, flush it down: We taught my girls this when they were potty training. My husband finds it repulsive, but it saves water and is an easy simple way to be an example for your child.
- Buy brands that share your philosophy, with big hearts bursting with love for the planet. For example, Seventh Generation products are packaged in recycled containers and the ingredients are hypoallergenic, biodegradable, non-toxic, and free of brighteners, dyes, perfumes and synthetic fragrances. It’s also USDA certified biobased product. Seventh generation products are not only good for people, it’s good for our planet. I’ve recently started using it to clean our laundry with and I love that I can use it in good environmental conscience and know that there are no toxins in the product to adversely affect, my world, my girls.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues.~ The Lorax
No one can save the world all by themselves, but together we can change the future.
Making the world a better place for the Next Seven Generations
Seventh Generation and Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax have joined forces to inspire families to conserve the earth’s resources with conscious consumption. If every U.S. household replaced just one bottle of 100 oz. 2X concentrate petroleum-based laundry liquid with Seventh Generation’s 50 oz. 4X concentrate plant-derived product, we could save enough oil to heat and cool 15,700 U.S. homes for a year. Make a difference by choosing high-quality and effective products from Seventh Generation, now offering free shipping for any purchase over $50!
How do you live like the Lorax? Tell Seventh Generation below and be entered to win a Green Your Home prize pack!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Seventh Generation. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules. How will you make the world a better place for the next seven generations?