Dyson DC23, My Dyson sucks. Does yours?
What is it? The Dyson DC23 Turbinehead vacuum Cleaner. I don’t know about you but I have been dying for a Dyson vacuum cleaner. I had an upright but it just didn’t suck.Not the way I needed it to suck. One day, after much creative suggesting on my part and my husband spending a good hour and a half trying to unclog our upright vacuum, my dream began to come to fruition. My husband, annoyed and disheartened, went to the store and came home with the Dyson DC23 Turbinehead. The Dyson DC23 Turbinehead is a bagless canister vacuum for medium and short pile carpets. It’s supposed to be Dyson’s most efficient cyclone technology for capturing microscopic dust. It has a turbinehead brush bar for carpets – switches off for hard floors and a lifetime washable HEPA filter traps microscopic allergens. Needless to say, the Big Guy had done well when he came through the door with this baby. I was ecstatic.
What does it say the Dyson DC23 will do?
- Root Cyclone technology delivers powerful cleaning with no loss of suction over time.
- Cleaner Exhaust Air – The air expelled from a Dyson has up to 150 times less mold and bacteria than the air you breathe.
- Effective for all floor types – The turbine floor tool can be turned on for deep cleaning carpets, or turned off for delicate rugs and floors.
- Lightweight adjustable wand – Select the right length for your comfort and the job at hand.
- The washable, lifetime HEPA filter, certified asthma and allergen friendly, even leaves the air smelling clean and fresh.
- Only the finest quality materials and workmanship for long-lasting durability and reliability–the Dyson difference.
- Five-year parts and labor warranty.
Does it do what it says it will do? At first, I was a little overwhelmed. I’ve not used a canister vacuum since the 80′s. Plus, it looks a little like a space ship or some sort of high tech space craft. I was afraid that pulling a canister around behind me was going to pull my back because, let’s face it, I’m not a teenager anymore and I actually have to take these sorts of things into consideration. Damn you old age! But to my surprise, it is very lightweight and those two giant wheels actually work very well.I love the fact that you can wash the HEPA filter and it doesn’t have to be replaced. But the real piece de resistance, the Dyson DC23 sucks up dirt and dust particles like nobody’s business. The Dyson DC23 was sucking up stuff that I wasn’t even aware was on my carpet.
Do you need to consult a manual or is it “User Friendly”? It is absolutely User Friendly! All you need to do is plug it in, remove the easily adjustable wand ..ready …aim..suck! Your floors have never been cleaner than they will be with your Dyson DC23 Turbinehead vacuum cleaner.
The Dyson DC23 Turbinehead Vacuum Cleaner