Now, more than ever, we are all desperately in need of togetherness while safely 6-feet-apart. Social distancing is not just a suggestion, its a necessity. For our safety and its reality for the foreseeable future. But it doesn’t have to mean that we’re destined to be lonely or trapped in the house, even though it may feel that way. We need to find a way to persevere over coronavirus while adhering to all the necessary precautions and guidelines. We’re all trying to figure out how to enjoy summer together while social distancing.
Disclosure: I am a Wayfair homemaker ambassador and this is a compensated post, however, all opinions are my own.
The weather is finally starting to get nice out. Maybe life as know it is changing but it’s still happening. Even if we did have snow here last week, summer is coming. While summer may look different this year, we can still find a way to enjoy the sunshine and all that it has to offer; the best part being the summer togetherness we all look forward to the most.
READ ALSO: I Miss You Most at 6-Feet-Apart
Yes, we’re social distancing and keeping our distance from people not quarantined with us to limit exposure to coronavirus but we can still spend time with our family and friends. My family spends lots of time together on our back deck since sheltering in place. Tired of looking at the same faces? I’m planning 6-feet-apart bonfires with family, across the driveway cocktails with friends and even masked hangouts. Hey, it beats deep cleaning the kid’s’ rooms, right?
You can still enjoy your summer together while social distancing
This year, summer get-togethers may require a little more planning. But they can still happen and I’ve got the back deck, front porch, and fire pit to prove it. Crowded parks and beaches might not be in the cards for most of us this summer. However, barbeques, blow-up pools, unicorn sprinklers, slip and slides, slacklines, trampolines and yard darts are all still available. You just need the right precautions in place. If you haven’t tried darts before, you night as well learn how to play darts so you can easily win against your family or friends.
READ ALSO: Only 9 More Summers
I know it feels like a bummer summer to have to wear masks. All I want to do is bask in the sun, play in the surf and splash in the water. But without these precautions, we’re putting ourselves and each other at risk. Coronavirus might be forcing us to change our plans and the way we celebrate summer but it can’t take away that feeling summer brings.
Tips for How to Enjoy Your Summer Together while Social Distancing during Coronavirus
1. Order yourself some cool, trendy masks; something that really captures your personality.
2. Accept the fact that things are different. Different isn’t always bad. Sometimes, it’s just different.
3. Buy all the things to make your yard fun; adult pool, lawn darts, volleyball, unicorn sprinkler, zipline, slackline, trampoline.
5. Don’t forget to hang some fun outdoor string lights. It will create a warm, fun and inviting atmosphere in your yard.
6. The centerpiece to my backyard is a cozy, inviting outdoor living space that we enjoy daily for everything. I sit out there on my rattan sectional and work.
My girls sit out there and do eLearning, Facetime friends and do TikTok dances or just laugh.
The husband and I have our morning coffee at our wicker bistro set listening to the birds sing before the rest of the neighborhood wakes up.
The best part about our deck is that it’s comfortable enough to sit out there for hours and get some sun while being protected by the elements in our patio gazebo.
12. If you really want to kick your back yard into the coolest backyard on the block, get yourself a hot tub ( next on our list) but for that, you’re going to have to limit it to the people you quarantine with.
13. Last but not least, the most important tip for how to enjoy your summer together while social distancing during coronavirus is to be patient, kind and forgiving to yourself and your family. Laugh, love and soak in the quiet moments in this craziness. Yes, it feels unnatural but its a blessing to be alive and to have these precious gifted extra moments with the ones you love.