I have the pleasure of guest posting over at MommyNaniBooBoo today. I’m sure most of you know Jenni but if you don’t you should really check her out. She is the perfect mix of sweet and snark, she’s sweetly snarkilicious and funny as all get out. She is my must read and she has allowed me to grace her page.
Please go check out my post today One is like One but two is Like Ten and leave some love! Meanwhile, I am leaving you with the original Mommy Truisms Post which posted on April 21, 2010. Hope you enjoy.
This is something new that I thought I’d share. It is my list of Mommy truisms. I will post a few today and then let them trickle in as they come to me from here on out. Happy Mothering!
- Spit up is not an allowable accessory to any outfit, but as another Mommy I will let it slide because it is better than some of the alternatives i.e poop. pee. full on vomit, etc.
- Modesty is a thing of the past! When in labor with my first, I was so embarrassed because my belly was so enormous that the gown didn’t cover my ass.Now after never peeing, pooping, waxing, shaving, showering, changing a feminine product alone, and a myriad of other so called ‘private’ things that I ‘share’ with my children due to lack of privacy…that modesty has passed.
- Mom’s who work outside of the home are brave, courageous, and strong.
- Mom’s who stay home are braver, slightly crazy, extremely courageous, and in desperate need of a night out and some adult conversation.
- Waking a sleeping child is like waking a sleeping bear; JUST DON”T DO IT!!!!
- With the right motivation, Daddies are underrated and capable and willing to do so much more than we want to admit or allow them to do.
These are my truisms for today. What are yours? I’d love to hear them!