Holiday Comforts~ This post is sponsored by Tempur-Pedic, the brand millions of owners trust to deliver their best night’s sleep every night. Enjoy our Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer now and give the gift of custom comfort to someone you love.
Holiday Comforts Come from the Little things
It’s that time of year again, the time when the temperature cools down, the chaos level gets cranked up a notch and families come together. I have lots of holiday comforts that I look forward to every single year like cuddling up by the fire with my Big Guy, hot chocolate with my girls after a long, hard day of snow angels and snowman building and snuggling up in the family bed with our little girls drifting to sleep between us as we watch Christmas vacation for the 100th time that year. Thanksgiving was yesterday and we all enjoyed starting off our holiday season with a home cooked meal of comfort food, shared with family and followed up by driving around town with the girls looking at all the Christmas decorations downtown. All of my holiday comforts revolve around family. Sure, it’s great to get a nice gift but all that I really need in life is free; holiday comforts in smiles, giggles and snuggles. Those holiday comforts are priceless. My list of holiday comforts is simple but it is more than ample.
Holiday Comforts in the little things
- The sparkle in my daughters’ eyes when I tell them that I love them.
- The smiles on my daughters’ faces when they are happy.
- The laughter that fills our house as our girls do one silly thing after another.
- The Big Guy’s hearty, robust laugh when he finds one of our daughters asleep in a closet or wearing their underwear on their head.
- My heart swoons sharing the Nutcracker with my girls and now, watching my little girl on stage performing in the Nutcracker.
- Seeing my sweet nieces and nephews on a regular basis.
- Hugs and Kisses, lots and lots of hugs and kisses.
- Snow days spent watching black and white Christmas movies with our girls cuddled under a fuzzy blanket.
- Making the first batch of snow cream.
- Going to my parents house and having Christmas with my sisters.
- Decorating the tree and house for Christmas.
- Christmas Mass and the smell of the incense that fill the church as the choir sings; this gives me peace.
- Thanksgiving smells filling the house as our entire family talks and catches up.
- Watching my children play with my brothers and sisters kids.
- Long talks after dinner with my sisters.
- New babies, expected babies.
- Barton’s Pizza, loud Christmas music and midnight mass remind of my childhood Christmas eves.
- Seeing my daughters’ faces the first time they notice that their elves have arrived from the North Pole each year.
- The palpable excitement the girls exude on Christmas eve when putting out reindeer food with Daddy and cookies for Santa.
- New years eve with our girls, sipping sparkling cider and celebrating the New Year at 8 pm ( after turning the clocks to midnight) so the girls can ring in the New Year with us.
- Midnight New Year’s eve kiss with the Big Guy, at home, together for the last 15 years…and for the rest of our lives.
- Calling all of my family at midnight to wish them a happy New Year and let them know how much I love them.
Holiday Comforts come from the privilege of loving
Comfort is the perfect gift for everyone on your holiday gift list, so be sure to take advantage of Tempur-Pedic’s Buy 2, get 1 free pillow offer! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. What are your holiday comforts?