I am FINALLY going to make it to a BLOGHER! I am pretty excited. This is my third try but every stinking year, something has come up. A move, job transfer, one of a million things always seems to be cock blocking my plans to get to BlogHer. I’ve been blogging for 4 years and it’s just time. I’ve earned the privilege of meeting my friends, leaving my girls to have some Daddy/daughter time together, spending some time to grow my career and learning how to take this whole thing to the next level. Seriously, the blog and I are about to go straight up steady. We’ve been shacking up for 4 years so it’s time to make an honest blog of it.Tickets are bought. Roommate extraordinaire has been secured, the always awesome, Jenni Chiu. I adore her and have forever so I am pretty excited to be shacking up with her too. Maybe some of her vlogging skills will rub off on me cause God knows I need some help in that area.
Business cards have arrived. Woohoo!
Jenni did something really cool on her blog the other day, she told you 50 things about herself in a vlog. I had an idea to do a vlog to introduce myself to all of you before BlogHer but the day has gotten away from me and I still have not brushed my hair and so, its almost time to make dinner and I just don’t have time to get all pretty for the camera. So what about I let you get to know me by giving you a few crazy facts about me:
1.My name is Deborah but my friend’s call me Debi, by all means call me Debi. NEVER call me Deb!
2. I was born and bred in the Midwest. Born in Ohio. Raised in Indiana near the Illinois/Indiana border. Grew up doing everything in Chicago. Had no idea there was corn in Indiana or that they had a football team until I went away to college. Moved away and moved back because the Midwest is a state of mind not just the middle of the country.
3. I am half Mexican and half Euro Mutt via the south ( English, Irish, French, Italian and Cherokee Indian..that explains those crazy high cheekbones).
4. I have six brothers and sisters, we cheerfully call ourselves the half-breed Brady Bunch because we are a rare breed of Mexibillies. I am Marsha.
5. I have two daughters. They have blonde hair and blue eyes. I look like their nanny.
6. I’ve had my blog for 4 years now and have become even more tech savvy than my husband who works in IT.
7. I had a miscarriage last year. It really fucking sucked. It still bothers me sometimes.
8. I love cute clothes/shoes/ and bags. I may have a problem.
9. I have body image issues to the tenth degree and have been in recovery from eating disorders for 15 years.
10. I met my best friend and my husband while attending Purdue University. Boiler Up!
11.I love the Chicago Blackhawks so much that when I was 18 I was going to get the Blackhawk Indian tattooed on my foot, my mom talked me out of it because she said “Nice girls don’t have tattoos”. I’m not so nice, so I still got a tattoo but its on my lower back where my mom will never see it.
12. I can speak 4 languages: English, Spanish, French and Italian but these days I am lucky if I can remember where my keys are.
13. I love taking photos. I hate having my photo taken.
14. I love trying new things and meeting new people.
15. I talk a lot. I talk more when I am nervous.
16.I love to travel and want to retire somewhere along the Mediterranean.
17. On my first pregnancy, I was induced and then unintentionally went through the entire transition labor with no meds due to giving birth in a small town in Tennessee. Hurt like a son of a gun.Pitocin and no pain meds is not a good idea ever.
18. My husband is the coolest guy I know but don’t tell him, he’ll get a big head:)
19.Most of the good friends I have as an adult, I have met through my blog. They are awesome and I have never met them in person but the friendships are real. They know things about me that most of my IRL friends have no clue about.
20. I love to share opportunities and insight with my fellow bloggers. I learned that from my friend Jessica. She has taught me a lot about blogging and how not to let myself get overwhelmed by the whole thing, keep it in perspective and be grateful for having the best job ever. She gives invaluable advice. She rocks.
21. I think everyone is equal: no matter how much money you have or how little, no matter where you come from, what you do or how many kids you have. No matter the color of your skin, the God you believe in, the size of your ass or who you love.
22. I love Lamp! Just kidding, I love sushi. But if you just got the Ron Burgundy reference, you rock.
23. Can’t stand liars and bigots.
24. I write because its the only way I know how to process my feelings. My dream is to write and have a book published.
25.My girls are my reason for living and I don’t really give a flying fuck how 1950′s that sounds. They are and I am fine with it.
26. I am loud and I’m a hugger.
27. Contrary to what you might believe by my social media presence, I do not wear a red nose or ride a trike. I am actually fairly reserved until I get to know you. What’s the saying? Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. I live by these words, unless I’ve been drinking than let the removal of all doubt commence.
28. This is my first BlogHer and I am a little overwhelmed about what to wear, say and do. Hoping I don’t get lost and praying I recognize some faces and they don’t look at me like, Who the hell are you??
29. I love Ketchup like a fat kid loves cake but ironically, I’m not so crazy about cake.
30. I am freaking out about fitting everything in but I am completely excited to meet all of you so please feel free to come up and say hi or hug me. I don’t bite. I will probably look like I am staring at your boobs, but that is just me trying to read your twitter handle because I know handles but not so good with faces.
So tell me something about you. Anything! Hope to see you later this week! Who’s going to BlogHer?